Sun, Aug 20|
My Creative Break Retreat: Laurentian Mountains - Connection, Creativity & Confidence
Time & Location
Aug 20, 12:00 PM – Aug 22, 12:00 PM
Lac-Supérieur, Lac-Supérieur, QC J0T 1P0, Canada
About the event
My Creative Break Retreat : Part 1 - Laurentian Mountains
Connection, Creativity and Confidence
Please note that this part is a women's only retreat.
When was the last time you let yourself dream and freely explore your possibilities?
At My Creative Break, we encourage everyone to dream and explore like “a kid” - without the barriers that adult life imposes on us, and with confidence.
We all have busy days and daily routines and we often get lost in them and forget about ourselves. This retreat will be your Creative Break. You will break out of your routine and go back to dreaming and exploring the way you did when you were a kid - with freedom and confidence.
During this creative break, you will:
- Stimulate creativity in all senses and feel like a kid again through interactive workshops like journaling, improv techniques (using our imaginations, creating stories together, saying ‘yes’ to challenges, creative team challenges), coloring, sketching, dancing.
- Learn to set and plan your creative goals
- Get comfortable with the uncomfortable. Gain confidence and the tools to explore new possibilities and grow.
- Reconnect to something you’ve lost touch with or do something you’ve always wanted to do. You’ll have time for yourself, and we’ll be there to motivate you. Want to write? Bring your notebook. Want to play music? Bring your instruments. Been meaning to get fit? Bring your running shoes.
- Form meaningful connections. Connection is key, especially if you’ve been off-grid for these past few years. Our activities are all collaborative and we’ll make it easy for you to get to know everyone, connect with them beyond the surface level, learn new skills from them and most likely start new friendships, even if you are introverted.
We are partnering with Zeina's Kitchen. Zeina, your host and chef will prepare all of your meals, will make sure your experience exceeds your expectations and will share some of her fun cooking tips too.
You will leave feeling rejuvenated, rested, more balanced and full of life and joy!
At My Creative Break, we believe that everyone is creative, not just artists. Creativity skills allow us to create amazing things like art, processes, deeper connections and most importantly, a joyful life.
Actress Mary Lou Cook said: “'Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes and having fun” - we look forward to doing all these in our retreat!